Wednesday 25 September 2013

A not so glowing review...


So this is my first negative review, which means I feel a little guilty writing this. I brought this dry shampoo and conditioner in preparation for college because sometimes, know matter how hard I try, I manage to sleep in and have no time to wash my hair so I thought these would be a good idea and they were cheap. I was especially interested in the dry conditioner which is something I had never tried before (I've tried several dry shampoos). I really liked the packaging on these and assumed that because they were a branch of Charles Worthington that I'd love them. I didn't.

Firstly, the dry shampoo smelt of burnt wood. literally. I understand that some people may love that smell but I couldn't stand it. Unfortunately the smell was strong and stayed all day. Maybe other people would be able to put up with the smell but I really couldn't. When I used this with the dry conditioner my hair stayed looking "clean" but when I didn't my hair turned limp and greasy again after an hour, so I had to spend the rest of my first day back with greasy hair. 
The conditioner has a really fake floral smell which I did prefer but still isn't a scent I'd choose to wear. I found this product to be a bit of a gimmick that didn't really do anything, I find a little bit of hair oil adds a lot more moisture than this did. 

Has anyone else tried these products? What were your thoughts?

No comments :

Post a Comment