Monday 12 August 2013

Simple Kind to Skin + Perfecting Beauty Balm

I'm extremely pale myself which is what has put me off BB creams despite the hype (which seems to have died down a lot now). I did try the Nivea one before but I hated it because it was so orange and thick whick is why I thought I'd never try another one again.

But I was wrong. I popped into Superdrug on the Friday because I was desperately close to running out of foundation when I spotted this. I've always been a fan of simple but if I'm being honest it was the pretty packing and the "new" label that got me. 

What I like about this product is that it actually tells you all the added benefits that this has over foundation, as some BB creams are ,lets face it, just tinted moisturisers. Maybe I'm just gullible or easily lead but it made me feel like I was really treating my skin by buying this.

So now for the key bit, the application. With this being a universal shad match I expected to look orange again but it matched. Don't get me wrong it took some fast worked blending and I don't think it would of worked if I hadn't of put moisturiser on first. It has a medium coverage and i needed so little that I'm sure it will last me ages. It didn't cover my spots but it did even out my skin tone and gave me a nice dewy glow> This lasted 6 hours on me without any setting powder (which is good going for me with my combination/oily skin.

As you can see from my freckly hand, its not the best coverage in the world but i still really like it. Overall, I think this is a great product as long as you prep your skin well beforehand and are good at blending if you're pale like me. Its not something I would wear when going out but for every day wear, I think its great.


1 comment :

  1. I love simple stuff, it's so good

    Please come check out my latest post if you have time :)

    Fragile Bird | www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    x

    ReplyDelete